Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 50 min
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 large tomatoes
- 1 bag of Grandma Maud's Black Eyed Peas
- 1 cup of Instant Rice
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350º. Cut off tops of tomatoes and remove seeds.
- Lightly sauté garlic and mushrooms in olive oil.
- In a separate pot, add 3.5 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add Grandma Maud's Black Eyed Peas.
- Boil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, stirring frequently, simmer 15 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Add rice, mushrooms, and garlic and cover for 5 minutes.
- Fill tomatoes, bake for 20 minutes, top with cheese and bake until melted.
- Serve topped with sour cream.