It's still grilling weather! Bring this easy and light vegetarian summer dish into your Fall grilling recipe repertoire!
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 10 min
- 4 large fresh Portobella mushroom caps (stem removed)
- 4 Pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp. Grandma Maud's Original Southern Seasoning
- 4 slices of pita bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the pineapple slices in brown sugar
- Place them on a hot grill for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and cover.
- Brush the mushrooms lightly with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix Worcestershire Sauce and Grandma Maud's Original Southern Seasoning and set it to the side.
- Grill the bottom side of the mushroom for 3 minutes. Turn over the mushrooms (top side down) and liberally brush with sauce/seasoning mixture.
- Grill for another 3 minutes or until tender
- While waiting, put a little oil on one side of the pita bread and grill until toasted.
- To plate, use a spatula to lift one mushroom and place on the top of the grilled side of pita bread. Layer a pineapple slice on top of first mushroom, and top off with a second mushroom.